Monday, August 25, 2008

Back to the school year routine

Well, it was 54 degrees at 6:15 this morning when my sweet, grumpy Gabi left for work. At least she had a great breakfast to look forward to, thanks to the Elk River Bank. The school district can't afford to treat the teachers to goodies, so they call on various businesses to pitch in. It's so great that they rally.

I got up about an hour later, ate a small breakfast and then took my walk around Lake George, passing by the new St. Cloud library. Workers were busy, busy, moving in boxes and crates of something. After looping the lake I came back and looped the library and saw three or four children's program staff standing among the browser racks at the front of the library, looking intently at some piece of paper.

I am so happy not to have anything to do with the big move.

We moved the Royalton library a couple of years ago, just a block, and it was a hectic, chaotic, nerve-wracking few months of buildup and then an utterly exhausting weekend of moving and reshelving and setting up in the new location. And the Royalton library is about 1/100th the size of HQ/St. Cloud Public Library. I just can't imagine.

But back to my original thread... yes, the school-year is back on, and the old routine is calling. Tomorrow it's back to my writing and the endless joy/struggle/excitement/exhaustion/etc. of following characters and plot lines as they weave into something (I hope) meaningful. Also, I weighed myself this morning and I have successfully lost all the weight I gained on the marital bliss road trip, plus 1/2 pounds more. So, yes, we're back on the calorie counting wagon as well.

And, truth be told, I'm feeling quite content.

I doubt, however, that Gabi would say the same.

No comments: