Wednesday, February 18, 2009

MToaS 29: Google Tools


I've been using some of the Google tools for a while, and am hooked. I love Google Docs and Reader, and use Docs all the time. It is incredibly convenient both for documents that I am sharing with someone and for documents for personal use that I want to be able to access from multiple locations. It's also very easy to use.

I am very happy to learn about google 411 ~ what a great feature! I don't know how many times I've wished I had a phone book handy when I was out and about. You can be sure that Goog411 is loaded into my cell phone already. Perfect.

The web history stuff was very interesting... I liked the videos about what kinds of information Google collects and what it is used for. 

I do have a sense that Google is trying very hard to keep its information secure, but I worry about the "little guys" who are starting up and don't have as many resources to put toward keeping their sites secure. I remember reading about Twitter being hacked into sometime in the last year or so. I wonder about cross-site security when so many of these sites link to each other through RSS feeds or sharing of information. Does anybody know anything about that... anything scary or reassuring?

Pic Info: "Which Way Now?" from Flickr CC

1 comment:

PatriciaP said...

Google 411 has also made me one happy camper! Sweet....keep blogging, I like reading your blog!