Monday, February 25, 2008

Thing 5 -- so fun!



Okay, banish the paranoid grinch to the basement for the day. Flickr's Big Huge Labs has some ridiculously entertaining toys. I can definitely see using the Warholizer again, and can think of several things to do with these toys. I can even think of one or two that might have something to do with the library...

In April we're planning a teen program on scrapbook journaling. I will definitely be talking to the teens about Flickr and the Big Huge Labs as options for them to play with their scrapbook photos. And, I'm sure they'll yawn and say something like, "yeah, but we know about all these other sites that are even more cool than those..."

I expect to always be at the bottom of this learning curve. But it's fun all the same.

Oh, and the story behind the "toesies:" I took the original picture in the summer of 2006 at a 15-year reunion of Peace Corps Togo and Benin volunteers. The toesies in question belong to myself, my partner, and one of our best friends who lives in Davis, California (and who we therefore rarely ever see). Jenny had treated my partner and I to our first-ever pedicure (not my last). And, if you knew my partner you would understand why that is just such a fabulously silly and entertaining thing!

No comments: