Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Thing 6 - More gizmos


More fun with Flickr today. First off, a little Early Literacy trading card (obviously, using the terminology I had the most difficult time remembering).

And, a slideshow of the pictures from the Royalton library.

View slideshow

These gizmos were fairly easy to use, so no complaints there. And there might be some utility to them. I like the idea of the trading card, but then I don't have a color printer at work. Perhaps I could send the request through our HQ printing... I can imagine making up some SRP trading cards, and offering different ones every week of the program. I will ponder this more.

Last night I had the chance to talk about Flickr with my sixth-grade nephew. He's a bit book-phobic (bless his heart anyway) and his teacher allows him to do power-point projects instead of reading for an allotted time. He's always used Google image to find the pictures for his power points, so I told him about some of the fun stuff he could find and do mashups with on Flickr. We didn't have a chance to go online to look at Flickr together, but perhaps that will happen later. Regardless, it was nice to feel that I was applying what I'm learning here.

***

Caveat oops-or: I just played the slide show and discovered that the descriptions don't always match the pictures. I went back and tried to fix it and recreate the slide show, but it did the same thing the second time.

No comments: