Saturday, April 5, 2008

Done w/ Things... & MySpace calls

You might have read the blog below about MySpace. Let me sum it up: I don't like it, nor trust the minds behind it. Don't want to join the legions. Happy me, I think I can go on my way and ignore it.

Then I get an e-mail from one of my sisters who lives several states away and who I do not see or talk to nearly enough, and she's sending me a "friend" invitation to her MySpace site. I check it out, and discover that our other sister also has a page.

So... I ponder. I still don't like MySpace. I still don't trust the minds behind the curtain.

And after learning about all the fun new-fandango widgets and gizmos, I really, really, really don't like the limitations set in MySpace. Sure I can import my playlist and that's cool. But that's because MySpace wants to be the new music store to the world and so they are happy to have me suggest songs that my friends/family could purchase. On the other hand, I can't find a way to import the javascript for Library Thing into MySpace. I can make a tediously long URL and put that into my MySpace profile, but, as indicated, it's tedious and long and doesn't allow for the book covers. Where's the fun in that?

But I would love a way to spend more time connecting with my sisters. All I have to do is start my own page and sign up to be their "friend."

I feel myself being sucked in.

And this is why MySpace is so huge.

No comments: