Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Catching the Travel Bug (MToaS 33)

I love the options for Travel 2.0! The blogs are fun, and interesting. I love My Kugelhopf! I was thrilled to see that the writer, Kerrin Rousett, is writing from Zurich. And showcasing chocolate. Very yummy.

We're planning to go to Europe next summer. We'd love to go this year, but we're not sure that will happen, what with paying off our fantastic new energy efficient windows. We are saving a lot on heat this horrid winter, but not two plane-tickets-worth.

I've been a big fan of the travel site reviews for a while. We used a few different sites when planning our trip to Lake Tahoe last year, and it was so helpful. I can't now remember which site we used, but because of the online reviews posted by real guests we were able to find a great little cabin, clean but cheap, right on the lake and near where we wanted to be. I went back and wrote my own review after we got back from our trip, figuring I should give kudos where they were due.

My one problem with these sites is that I suspect that for every 500 to a thousand happy guests, perhaps one will write a review. That means that small towns typically don't have any reviews. Even small cities like St. Cloud will only have a few reviews. However, if a person is traveling to a new big city or tourist destination, these sites are brilliant!

Pic Info: Hey, I took this one! Lake Tahoe, from the Nevada side looking toward Sugar Pine Point State Park.

No comments: