Thursday, March 19, 2009

Vermeer Tour (Google Maps)


View Larger Map


(I couldn't figure out how to keep the map at a wider view, so minimize greatly to see what I was actually doing with this.)

I blew way too much time playing with Google maps. This is serious fun, and I can imagine lots of possibilities... from making maps of library service areas and points of interest to planning vacations, to commemorating a favorite meandering weekend with your Sweetie. This was very fun.

I loved the ability to add pics, URLs and other things to the maps, although I didn't do as much of that as I could have. I'll go back and fine-tune this map later, because some day I really do want to take this trip. I find Vermeer's work to be so profound, sensual and compelling... I would love to meet these works in person.

2 comments:

Lydia Schultz said...

I love your map. It made me think that this tool could be really fun to help students work their way through Chasing Vermeer series: Maps that show where the characters go as well as something like your map as part of "show what you know."

Thanks for the inspiration!

Brandi said...

Glad you liked it. It was fun to make!