Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mashup your life (MToaS 41)

I've been trying out lifestream.fm for a few days now. I can see where it would be useful to folks who are linked in to social networks like Twitter, Facebook, etc, as well as using Delicious on a regular basis. For me, I ended up with a listing of the music I listened to on Last.fm and my Blogger posts. 

What was interesting was scrolling over the over 60 program icons linked up to Lifestream. Even worse, I recognized less than a quarter of them. Now, just when I'm starting to feel exhausted and ready to be done with MToaS, I'm introduced to a new system that leads me to ask, "What the heck is Mister Wong?"

I do, however, see more usability for Lifestream for those who are plugged into the social aspects of the web ~ and me, I keep looking for the productivity. I doubt that I'll continue with Lifestream after I finish with MToaS. 

What I will do is go figure out what Mister Wong is. And Plazes. And Qik. And...

No comments: