Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Web Junction (MToaS 46)

I admit, I tend to forget about Web Junction. I signed up for it even before the first 23 Things on a Stick, so I've been a member for a while. But I've actually used it very little. However, when prompted to go back I do find interesting things ~ mostly in the area of courses. I've taken a couple of Web Junction courses online and found them to be pretty good. The webinar on Social Software and the Rural Library looks like an interesting one.

I think, for me, part of the problem with these kinds of discussion boards is simply finding the time to use them. Perhaps it's a matter of making it be part of my day or week ~ create time to do it until it becomes a habit. But so far this has been a hurdle that I haven't quite managed to jump over. Intellectually, I love the idea of having a resource for Minnesota librarians to use to communicate about topics relevant to our work, help us keep abreast of changes in technology, legalities, etc., bring up new ideas about ways to reach and reach out to our communities. I want there to be something exactly like WebJunction. And there is. So why is it so difficult to fit it into my working life?

In a moment of overload I found this ShelfCheck toon by the inimitable Poesygalore. It sort of sums it up.


No comments: