Sunday, March 23, 2008

Thing 16 - Assignment & Research Project Calculators

I thought these were pretty cool things, but I'm not sure how many opportunities I'll have to share this with my patrons. In the majority of cases, the students I see are 7th grade and under, and they are looking for one or two articles on a topic. In those cases, Kids InfoBits and InfoTrac Kids or Junior edition are the most helpful.

However, I really like these calculators. I can see talking about them more with teachers and parents. I really liked how the RPC broke the process down into little bits: ask these kinds of questions, find the right kinds of sources, use the correct kind of font sizes and colors for slide presentations, etc. I think the detail could be helpful for parents and students for understanding what the process should be to create an A project.

No comments: